Monday, January 2, 2012

Our Wishes for 2012

We wanted to take a moment and look at 3 wishes we each have for pro wrestling in 2012, without any further adieu, here is what we are wishing for!

Tom’s 3 Wishes for 2012:

~A Dolph Ziggler World Title Reign – Ziggler has become one of my favorite wrestlers to follow and watch towards the end of 2011. I cannot wait to see what is in store for 2012.

~To Attend One Wrestling Event Per Month – This is a lofty goal for me, because I have a young family and a busy schedule. I think it is achievable in the Midwest area, with WWE, ROH, DG USA, CHIKARA, EVOLVE, AAW, Resistance Pro and more running shows in that area. If I attend live, expect a write-up here at Two Spot Monkeys,

~Take Two Spot Monkeys from “Blogcast” to Podcast – Jim and I had first hoped to record an audio podcast on a regular or semi-regular basis, but came to a decision that a blog was the way to begin. In 2012, it may be time to take the next step.


Jim’s 3 Wishes for 2012:

First and foremost, let me just say, I love Tom’s wishes, especially the idea of debuting some audio content here on Two Spot Monkeys…stay tuned!!!

~A Future Shock ROH World Tag Title Reign – I love the team of Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly, and while I think they are both destined for big things as singles (and hope that we get to see Cole’s work as a heel as well later this year), I want to see them get a reign as tag champs before all that happens. A feud with the Young Bucks over the tag titles would be just fine with me as I’ve said before here.

~Dean Ambrose to not only debut for WWE, but make an impact – I truly believe that if given the opportunity, Dean Ambrose can be a big star for WWE. His work as Jon Moxley in DGUSA turned me into a big, big fan of his. He can talk people into the arena, making you feel that you really need to see what’s about to happen. He’s got a ton of Roddy Piper like qualities, and WWE could really use that. Here’s hoping 2012 is his year.

~To increase the MMA coverage here on Two Spot Monkeys – When you look at the description of this site under the title, we say that we are going to take a look at the worlds of both pro wrestling and MMA. To be honest, we have lacked in the MMA coverage for some time. We hope to change that this year. I can’t promise that we’ll post something about every UFC show (Because they have a TON of them coming in 2012), but at least for major events, you can expect coverage here at Two Spot Monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment