Monday, April 18, 2011

Thanks for the memories Edge!

I remember when the vignettes started airing for a guy running around NYC in a trenchcoat, and we were told that Edge was coming to our television screens soon.  I was so excited for this new character.  Admittedly, I usually love seeing new guys that I'm unfamiliar with, as you never know when you might find a new favorite.  But for some reason, I just knew I was going to like this guy.  Wow, who could have known? 

4 time WWE Champion
7 time World Heavyweight Champion
14 time Tag Team Champion
5 time Intercontinental Champion
WCW US Champion
2001 King of the Ring
2010 Royal Rumble Winner
Winner of the 1st Ever Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Such an amazing career!  Memorable feuds with just about everyone who was at the top of the card in WWE, including the anonymous Raw General Manager!

I could try to run down more of his career, but there are many great pieces out there on the 'net about him.  I simply wanted to post "Thanks for the memories".  Edge has entertained me for years, and I knew it would be a rare occasion if he had a match and I didn't like it.  I hope that he decides to come back down the road as an announcer, or maybe a GM role, as he's great on the mic, and could add alot to that end of things, now that his in ring career is over.  Thanks for everything Edge...you will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment