Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2-21-11

Before last night's Raw, I was planning this post, and was planning at looking at the different possibilities for who the 2-21-11 videos might be for on WWE programming.  But, after last night's video, I think it's pretty clear, it's The Undertaker.  As soon as I heard Johnny Cash's voice sing "Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down", my blog post went out the window. 

So, the question for me now becomes, if it is The Undertaker, then what is the plan for him?  Why is he returning on Raw, when the most likely Wrestlemania opponents for him (if he's able to work 'Mania at all) are Wade Barrett and Kane, both firmly planted on Smackdown?  Now, a friend of mine mentioned that Undertaker was on Raw last year every week leading up to Wrestlemania, and that is true.  However, his opponent was a member of the Raw roster.  So, what's the point this year of bringing him back on Raw?  Get the ratings pop?  Maybe. 

And then there is the question of Sting.  Could 2-21-11 be him coming...and maybe somehow be tied to The Undertaker's return as well?  Sting was quietly removed from the TNA roster page today.  That is an interesting development to say the least.  Makes me think that TNA doesn't expect him back.  Is that because he's signed a deal with WWE?  Could be. 

Here's what we know for sure...the 2-21-11 videos have got people talking, and have people wondering what is coming on that date to WWE.  Is it a debut?  A return?  Both?  I know what I'll be doing that evening, I'll be sitting in front of my TV, watching it and seeing it unfold live.  Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment