Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome to Two Spot Monkeys!


Welcome to Two Spot Monkeys!  This blog is a long time coming.  My friend Tom and I have been talking for quite a while about doing something where we could share our thoughts on the worlds of Pro Wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts.  We’ve talked about podcasts and other ideas…and we finally came to this, a blog where we can both post our thoughts, and hopefully interest you enough that you’ll come back and keep checking us out, and hopefully you’ll also want to engage us a bit on our thoughts…feel free to leave comments in the comments section to do that! 

So, for those who might not know who I am, a bit of history for you.  I’ve been a wrestling fan ever since I saw King Kong Bundy break Hulk Hogan’s ribs setting up the main event of Wrestlemania 2.  That, along with Col. Debeers hitting face first piledrivers on Jimmy Snuka are my earliest wrestling memories I believe.  I suppose that may have something to do with why I’ve always found myself more enamored with the heels in pro wrestling.  Now, having said that, my favorite all time wrestler makes no sense, but deal with it!  My favorite all time is easily Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat.  Other favorites of mine over the years and today include Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Taz, CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, and Davey Richards.  I enjoy the in ring product a bit more than the outside the ring gaga stuff…but, I do want stories to keep me involved as well, I just want that part to make sense (TNA/WWE…I’m looking at you….)

As for my history with MMA, I have been watching since UFC 1, and was blown away by Royce Gracie, and how he was able to take down anyone at will and submit them.  I’ve followed it throughout the years, even when it didn’t have cable clearance, I’d still follow along on the internet.  Now, I’m a huge MMA fan, and especially a UFC fan.  Let’s see…favorite fighters right now would include GSP, Shane Carwin, Jon Jones, and Jose Aldo. 

As for Tom and I…we met through fan gatherings at Ring of Honor events.  We first met at the events surrounding Wrestlemania 22 in Chicago, so we’ve known each other for about 5 years now, and have become great friends.  Now, that doesn’t mean we won’t disagree on here from time to time…we will…but that’s part of the fun right? 

I am planning to do a blog post after seeing UFC 126 this weekend.  So, until then, thanks for reading, and again, welcome to Two Spot Monkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment